Evaluation of scientific journals according to the criteria of the Institute for Scientific Information (for example, impact factor).
Online access is divided into:
- JCR Science Edition (approximately 6,500 journals evaluated)
- JCR Social Sciences Edition (approximately 2,000 journals evaluated)
The following questions can be answered using the JCR:
- How often was a certain journal cited?
- Which journal cited a specific journal?
- How quickly and how long after its appearance was a journal cited?
- Which other journals were cited by a specific journal?
The Journal Impact Factor specifies the average citation rate that the articles of a journal have achieved in a certain year:
- The Journal Impact Factor is a measure of the entire journal; it is not representative of individual articles or authors
- Indicator of the relative importance of a journal within a given field.